information was compiled by carbusters
how many people are killed in road accidents every year?
what percentage of new cars, buses and trucks had air conditioning
3. Annually, about 120,000 tonnes of CFCs are used in
new vehicles and in servicing air conditioners in older
vehicles. What percentage of global CFC-12 use is this?
4. Exhaust fumes are toxic. Which of the following statements
a)Car drivers inhale 3 times as much exhaust fumes as pedestrians
b)Pedestrians and cyclists inhale fewer fumes because they
keep to the side of the road.
c)Car drivers driving in the centre and outside lanes are
most at risk because they drive in a 'tunnel of pollution'.
d)All of the above.
5.The average American car releases how many pounds of
carbon dioxide into the atmosphere from a full, 15 gallon
tank of gasoline?
6. Every minute approximately how many new cars are built
7. At the current rate of production there will be a
total of one billion trucks and cars in the World by...
8. In the US, Western Europe and Japan how many cars
are discarded in total every year?
a) around 15 million
b)about 25 million
c)nearly 40 million
d)over 60 million
9. In Austria, France and Switzerland around 9,950 people
die each year through road accidents. How many are killed
because of car related diseases?
10. How many
hours does the average American man devote to his car every
11. The average
car emits a mix of how many pollutants?
d) more than 1,000
Answers: 1b, 2c, 3d, 4d, 5d (c = Western Europe, d =
US), 6d, 7b, 8c, 9c, 10d, 11d